Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Just Ten More Minutes...

Today started off on the wrong foot.

It started at 4:30. No day should start at 4:30 in the morning. Not unless you are getting paid a boat load of money to read a teleprompter on the news.

There was a flat tire on the car, a frustrated husband, and a crying baby. It's called life, and it's sloppy sometimes. Still, not exactly the things I wanted to wake up to.

I decided I was going to hold off on downing a pot of coffee. The baby would totally go back to sleep for a nice long nap - right?

The baby didn't go back to sleep.

Instead we stayed up and partied and ate pancakes until Brody fell asleep in his highchair - little fists clenching wads of syrup covered goodness. That peaceful image lasted all of 20 minutes.

Since then, it has been "lets see what I can climb to scare the shit out of Mom!"

The bookcase.
The back of the couch.
The coffee table/end table.
The window sills.

.... Oh to be one and have no fear.

At 10:45 Brody finally closed his eyes for what I thought would be his normal solid hour and a half nap. I laid down on the couch, turned on trash E! TV for the first time in a week, and I closed my eyes. 11:09 and Brody was wide awake.

Since then we've had lunch. I've cursed at the husband's inability to make a schedule. I've cried over some article about a woman who got pregnant, found out she had brain cancer, and died to save the baby. I've pulled Brody off the bookcase twice.

While I may want to pull my hair out today, I am constantly reminding myself that this is the last week of trying to do it all. There's only 5 days, 18 hours, 27 minutes, and 8...7... 6... 5... seconds until Brody starts daycare!

Until then, cheers! Life is sloppy!

4 comments:

  1. Awww - Brody's in the monkey phase! Enjoy it while it lasts. You'll miss it when he's 14, playing Halo, and wont get off the couch for anything but the toilet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what Kate said - lol. It's so true, I went through the same stage, with the video games, etc. What boy doesn't? We grow out of it though, some later than others. =D

    And I like your title of the whole post - I apply that to myself every morning waking up.

    I am from the the cities area over in Minnesota. Well Monday was my 21st birthday, and I had plans to go home and visit my family. Of course, I couldn't stay the night, considering I have class all week. So, I went home Monday, then enjoyed a nice dinner at that very authentic and fancy place known as your neighborhood "Applebees" haha. Well I did that, and rather enjoyed myself with my party of 12 family and friends. Afterwards, we hit the bars. Not the smartest thing to do on the Eve of a morning class, but what the heck. Anyways, I didn't do anything crazy, and was fine by morning.

    What I didn't plan out so much, well I guess I didn't have much of a choice, but on Tuesday (October 18th), I had an exam at 9am. So my day began at 4:30, I woke up, and drove back to school. Only took me roughly an hour and a half, but I made it in time to finish the required two assignments, and freshen up on some of my vocabulary.

    A terrible morning, turned into a not so bad morning, turned into an awful day considering I how tired I was. So yeah, I hear ya. Nobody's day should ever begin that early - ish.

    On a different note, Brody likes to climb things to scare Mom? That's hilarious, I mean, not for you... but being one of those kids, well let's put it this way, I guess I wasn't a brilliant child haha. I would pull all of the pots and pans out of the cupboards down below, place them on the floor, and then climb in there. Then when my parents would open it up, I use to say "ahh!" ... Just funny, we have it on tape from when I was young, I thought it was amusing anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also used to climb on the counter when I was young while my parents weren't watching... then I fell one time and dislocated my jaw. Yes, it sucked. I also used to take two chairs and hold myself up by grasping the backs of the chairs so I could swing between them... but then one slipped out from underneath me and I fell on my face, dislocating my jaw.
    I was kind of a dare devil child... so maybe Brody wont do those things ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy your posts about your son. I was there for my kids 'firsts' and wouldn't trade it for the world. We did without a lot of things so I could stay home most of the time. And when I did work full time, my husband was usually here when I wasn't. Now one is out of college, one is finishing his final semester and one is in her third year. She left yesterday for a couple of month (maybe more) with her cousin in CT. So rewarding, but so hard.

    I remember coming home from work once to my oldest standing on the edge of the bathroom sink cabinet - just ready to stick a pair of tweezers into the electrical outlet on the medicine cabinet - good timing! Life lesson #1 - cherish those moments!!

    ReplyDelete