Wednesday, October 26, 2011

All Caught Up

I am sitting in the library for the first time this semester. It seems in the hustle and bustle of my life, I have forgotten just how satisfying time in the library can be.

I always sit on the 5th floor. At UW-Stout, the 5th floor is the quiet floor.

Ahhhh, quiet. Enjoy it with me for just a moment.

I like to sit in the same desk next to the windows where the sun shines in. I sit here not just because I love sunshine, but because I'm fairly confident if I don't absorb the heat from the sun I will turn into a human Popsicle and die in the library.

I don't want to be a Popsicle.

Today I noticed they have placed a plant up here for us quiet lovers to enjoy. I believe they did this not for our well being or to clean the air, but just to prove that it's not really THAT cold up here. It's probably some plant that is hardy to zone arctic. Sneaky bastards.

Now the fifth floor is not a very popular floor. There are always a few stragglers up here that are frantically cramming through assignments. It would be interesting to take a pole of the GPA that the students on the fifth floor have. I'd like to think that all the really smart, hardworking students hang out up here, like some type of club.

Then I realize that the people in the corner are making out. I'm going to tell myself that they are doing research on PDA and how people react to it and just sink a little lower in my desk.

So while I sit in the library, soaking up the sun and the quiet, I realized for the first time in the entire semester, I'm ahead on all of my projects. Thank you, daycare While I'm finally able to slow down and not frantically cram through assignments, Brody is one building over having a blast with a bunch of other one year olds. On Monday he painted a pumpkin! The best part was how proud he was when I came home, picked up the pumpkin, and told him it was beautiful. I'm pretty sure he is the next Picasso, but I'll let you be the judge of that.

3 comments:

  1. Please bring the pumpkin to Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely need to explore the fifth story of the library next week when I need a quiet place to go. I've never gone past the first floor (except to rent textbooks) because it was always quite enough for me. As I sit here trying to study and relax before my exam, I've realized that the quiet of the 1st floor is officially gone. It seems like everyone has forgotten the meaning of the word by week 8...

    It's great that Brody is nearby! It's nice to know that you can pick him up immediately after school and not worry about traveling far to another daycare facility. Enjoy the feeling of being caught up. :) It's so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't remember the last time I was at the Stout Library. However I used to frequent the UWEC's Library quite a bit since I live in EC it makes more sense to go there.

    Thanks for the reminder of how good the library can be when we need to focus to get things done. I will be making a trip there this Sunday so that I can get caught back up because I'm ridiculously behind.

    ReplyDelete