Sunday, November 20, 2011

Dear Dish Fairy

Every night I go to bed in hopes that the Dish Fairy will visit my house and I will awake to a sparkling kitchen. Somehow, the Dish Fairy always passes over our house. In fact, not only does the Dish Fairy pass over the house, but the dishes are like rabbits wildly reproducing during the wee hours of the night.

Is there like a special Mezuzah that you need to put out to encourage the Dish Fairy to stop at your house? Do I need to nail a sponge to the trim of my front door to signal the Dish Fairy in?

Just in case my sponge at the front door doesn't encourage the Dish Fairy to stop, I wrote the Dish Fairy a love note:

Dear Dish Fairy,

I wish I may,
I wish I might,
Be the house you wash tonight.

My sink is full,
my cupboards bare,
And Brody has no fork to share.

So please do stop,
I'll love you so,
Cause Mama's hands can wash no more!

1 comment:

  1. Oh - maybe the dish fairy is dropping of other folk's dishes in your kitchen sink?

    ReplyDelete