Tuesday, December 6, 2011

December - The Blurry Month

Dear December,

I have decided you are a lying, cheating, trick playing month, and we are no longer friends. Why, you ask? Because there is simply no way that your days have 24 hours.

Today is December 6th. Where did the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th go? They are nothing but a blur - proof that your days go by on fast forward.

Is this a test? Are you laughing at me as I flail around miserably in a pathetic attempt to complete everything? Finals are killing me, and don't even get me started on Christmas. I once again haven't done any Christmas shopping yet. I know you're secretly laughing as I begin to panic about not having time to enter stores until two days before Christmas. It's not funny.

With everything going on in my world, plus the news that yet another loved one in my life passed away in the morning hours of today, I have decided that you, December, are just not working out for me. I will be hibernating through the rest of this month.

January - I expect a better performance from you.

Love,

Josie

2 comments:

  1. You're not the only one who feels this way, because I know I do. Christmas shopping? Yeah, that won't be happening until I go home for winter break, which at this point seems like a year away. December is always a stressful time for everyone and the fact that were both college students, stress is an understatement. Projects, papers, power point presentations, portfolios, it’s just never ending. I talked to my advisor the other day and she gave me some good advice. Take an hour or two each day for yourself, whether it's reading, watching television, cooking, etc. Also, exercise is key. Taking a walk outside (brrr) or heading to the gym for an hour of physical activity will most likely remove some of the pressure you’ve been acquiring. I know December is a lot to handle, but if you just take one day at a time, you'll notice you will get a lot more accomplished. Like you, I also get tense when I hear the words, "Christmas Shopping." In the end, it's important to remember that it's all about spending time with your loved ones. When I go home every year for winter break, I worry that I won't have enough time, better yet money, to buy Christmas gifts. But after it's all said and done, every year I always look back and wonder, "Why do I stress out over buying gifts?" My head is always in the wrong place. Christmas is time to celebrate with friends and family, that’s all that matters

    ReplyDelete
  2. December is a blur for me too. Its not fair because I wanted to actually enjoy this month.

    I cannot wait for this semester to be over.

    ReplyDelete